Deadline: 14 October 2016
The Partnership for Forests is currently inviting applications from eligible organizations for its first call for concepts with an aim to tackle deforestation and improve livelihoods by catalysing investment in forests and sustainable land use.
This first call is focused on supporting Forest Partnerships—partnerships between private sector companies, public sector actors and civil society that catalyse investment in forests and sustainable land use.
- Grants provided will normally range from GBP 10,000 to GBP 1 million for Forest Partnerships.
- Applicants are encouraged to provide match funding of at least 25%.
- Organizations that are eligible to submit a concept note:
- Private-sector company
- Co-operative/trade association
- Civil society or community-based organisation
- Non-governmental organization
- Research Institute
- Eligible types of partnership
- Contribute to reduced deforestation, reforestation, afforestation, forest restoration, and/or forest conservation outcomes, at scale
- Comprise (or plan to comprise) a formal partnership that includes a private sector company and at least one partner from either the public sector or civil society. (Partnerships that include representative from all 3 partners will be prioritised).
- Have a positive impact on the livelihoods of local communities
- Aim to catalyse investment in forests and sustainable land use
- Aim to result in positive outcomes for all partners
- Eligible supply chains: Sustainable supply chains for cocoa, palm oil, rubber, fuelwood/timber
- Eligible geographies: West and Central African Countries (mentioned below).
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Partnership for Forests.