Deadline for Focus Grant: 13 January 2017
Deadline for Reach Grant: 12 December 2017
The Feed the Future Livestock Systems Innovation Lab (LSIL) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from eligible organizations for its Focus Grant and Reach Grant Program with an aim to enhance the production, marketing and consumption of ASF in the target countries in order to increase the incomes, livelihoods, nutrition, and health of households, especially those of vulnerable women and children.
The objectives of LSIL are to:
- Support the development of innovations and the adaptation of existing strategies and technologies, as well as the associated human and institutional capacity, to enhance the productivity and profitability of ASF value chains, and the preservation, consumption, and safety of ASF.
- Promote an enabling and inclusive environment and the associated human and institutional capacity that ensures the ASF value chains are positioned to meet the increasing demand for nutritious and safe ASF and to increase the incomes of the vulnerable.
- Role of Gender in Livestock Systems
- Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD)
- Human Health and Nutrition
Types of Grants
The following types of grants will be funded:
- Reach Grants: One Reach grant will be awarded for this RFA. These are longer term large grants for projects lasting up to 3.5 years with budgets of up to $850,000. In exceptional well-justified cases, up to $1,000,000 may be awarded.
- Focus Grants: Two Focus grants will be awarded for this RFA. These are smaller grants for proof of concept studies or research for development bridging studies providing immediate or near-term (within one year) impact. These projects will last for 3 months to one year and will have budgets of up to $150,000.
- This competition is open to any qualified research, educational, governmental, private sector or non-profit institution that either has or that collaborates with an organization that has a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) and is registered in the System for Award Management.
- The target country for this Request for Applications (RFA) is Cambodia.
How to Apply
All Concept Notes and Full Proposals must be submitted via Piestar Proposals through the given website.
Eligible Country: Cambodia
For more information, please visit LSIL Grants Program.