Deadline: 15 March 2018
Are you interested in Belarus? Have you written articles about this country in 2017? If the answer is “yes” then Belarus in Focus 2017 is for you. This year the competition takes place for the seventh time.
Belarus in Focus Information Office in partnership with Press Club Belarus has announced Belarus in Focus 2017 – 7th edition of an international competition for journalists writing about Belarus in international media.
The goal is to encourage journalists and editors to pay attention to ongoing events and trends in Belarus – political, economic, social, and cultural. By creating a place for exchange and debate, we hope to contribute to understanding about Belarus, and help to overcome Belarus’ isolation.
There are two categories:
- Professional: if applicants have over 3 years’ experience in having their work published
- Beginner: if applicants have under 3 years’ experience in having their work published
- The ‘Belarus in Focus 2017’ judging panel will award:
- Best articles by professional journalists: x3 certificates of 500 EUR for professional development
- Best articles by beginner journalists: x3 certificates of 300 EUR for professional development
- In addition, an audience award will be given by online voters. Details will be announced once the competition has closed for entries.
- There are no restrictions on nationality, citizenship, or place of residence. They particularly encourage Belarusian journalists to enter. The Competition is not open to employees of Belarus in Focus Information Office or their family members, or anyone else directly connected to the Competition.
- You may enter up to 2 articles that you have written/co-written, providing they are:
- About Belarus
- Published between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017, online or in print
- Published in media outside of Belarus whose main target audience is non-Belarusian
- In English/ translated into English. Other languages: Belarusian, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian, French, German, Spanish, Czech, and Italian
- More than a straightforward news/promo piece. Stories are preferred by the jury
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their articles via given website.
For more information, please visit Belarus in Focus 2017.