Deadline: 17 July 2017
China Residencies and Red Gate are inviting applicants to apply for its fourth edition of the Crystal Ruth Bell Residency program in Beijing for the months of November and December 2017. This is a wide open call, with no restrictions based on age, medium, educational background, or any other criteria.
They are calling for people of all types of creative practices, of all passports, ages, gender-identities, abilities, and interests to send them proposals for projects to pursue in Beijing this winter around the principle of “care” – in any way the term makes sense to you.
The Crystal Ruth Bell Residency covers:
- Live/work space in Beijing
- Funding for travel and visa expenses
- Airport pickups, welcome dinner and orientation upon arrival
- Project support and coordination
- Artist talk & studio visits (optional)
- USD $1,000 research stipend (enough to cover meals and daily living expenses in Beijing)
- Materials & production stipend (variable based on proposed project)
- Open studio exhibition
- Performers, filmmakers, poets, writers, researchers, photographers, choreographers, chefs, designers, developers, activists, scientists, architects, and all kinds of visual artists are encouraged to apply with a project proposal that reflects some of Crystal’s interests and driving forces: generosity, loyalty, friendship, justice, and bikes.
- Individuals and duos from all nationalities are encouraged to apply, including China, Hong Kong, Taïwan and Macao.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, the Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia , Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, United Republic of Tanzania, Thailand , Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit China Residencies.