Deadline: 14 January 2018
Applications are open for the EJN Asia-Pacific Media Grants which are provided as part of the EJN Asia-Pacific project, implemented by Internews with the generous funding from Sweden / the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA).
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Environmental Journalism Network (EJN) Asia-Pacific Media Grants are available to support the creation, growth, and capacity building of media and other environmental information generating organizations that are aiming to improve the quantity and quality of news coverage of climate change, natural resources and the environment.
The aim of the EJN Asia-Pacific Media Grants is to strengthen the capacity of organizations to produce good quality and quantity of socio-environmental news and information to the vulnerable communities and policy makers in the Asia and Pacific region.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The typical grant will be for up to US$20,000 and support a one-year project.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The EJN Asia-Pacific Media Grants are available to support the generation of media reports on climate change, environment and natural resource management issues, disseminate news and information to the most vulnerable communities and policy makers, and boost the voices of marginalised groups (women, youth and indigenous people) who are most at risk of climate change and environmental problems.
- Through these grants, Internews intends to strengthen the capacity of organizations to report on and explain the drivers and impacts of environmental and climate change, along with the solutions that build resilience and prevent future crises.
- Proposed activities should be designed to contribute towards at least one of the following outcomes:
- Policy makers, people and communities have improved and reliable access to quality socio-environmental news and information;
- Improved organizational capacity to report on socio-environment issues in an accurate and compelling way;
- Improved organizational capacity to produce greater quantity and quality of socio-environmental news and information;
- Reduced exclusion of marginalized groups in socio-environmental information;
- Peer and multi-stakeholder engagement around socio-environmental issues.
- Particular attention should be given to the adaptation needs, challenges, efforts and success stories of vulnerable and marginalized communities.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Established media organizations, journalism networks, universities and journalism schools are welcome to apply.
- The organizational grants can also be used to support the establishment of environmental journalism networks in places where they don’t exist.
- In such cases, applicants should note their affiliations with existing media organizations, if applicable, or provide detailed plans about how this project would facilitate the creation of a new organization.
- NGOs and research institutes will also be considered, but only those with strong media and communication programs who are dedicated to support fair and accurate reporting.
- As Internews is a media development organization, EJN will not consider applications rooted in advocacy or political campaigning.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit EJN Asia-Pacific Media Grants.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.