Deadline: 14 January 2018
Applications are open for the EJN Asia-Pacific Media Grants which are provided as part of the EJN Asia-Pacific project, implemented by Internews with the generous funding from Sweden / the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA).
The Environmental Journalism Network (EJN) Asia-Pacific Media Grants are available to support the creation, growth, and capacity building of media and other environmental information generating organizations that are aiming to improve the quantity and quality of news coverage of climate change, natural resources and the environment.
The aim of the EJN Asia-Pacific Media Grants is to strengthen the capacity of organizations to produce good quality and quantity of socio-environmental news and information to the vulnerable communities and policy makers in the Asia and Pacific region.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The typical grant will be for up to US$20,000 and support a one-year project.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The EJN Asia-Pacific Media Grants are available to support the generation of media reports on climate change, environment and natural resource management issues, disseminate news and information to the most vulnerable communities and policy makers, and boost the voices of marginalised groups (women, youth and indigenous people) who are most at risk of climate change and environmental problems.
- Through these grants, Internews intends to strengthen the capacity of organizations to report on and explain the drivers and impacts of environmental and climate change, along with the solutions that build resilience and prevent future crises.
- Proposed activities should be designed to contribute towards at least one of the following outcomes:
- Policy makers, people and communities have improved and reliable access to quality socio-environmental news and information;
- Improved organizational capacity to report on socio-environment issues in an accurate and compelling way;
- Improved organizational capacity to produce greater quantity and quality of socio-environmental news and information;
- Reduced exclusion of marginalized groups in socio-environmental information;
- Peer and multi-stakeholder engagement around socio-environmental issues.
- Particular attention should be given to the adaptation needs, challenges, efforts and success stories of vulnerable and marginalized communities.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Established media organizations, journalism networks, universities and journalism schools are welcome to apply.
- The organizational grants can also be used to support the establishment of environmental journalism networks in places where they don’t exist.
- In such cases, applicants should note their affiliations with existing media organizations, if applicable, or provide detailed plans about how this project would facilitate the creation of a new organization.
- NGOs and research institutes will also be considered, but only those with strong media and communication programs who are dedicated to support fair and accurate reporting.
- As Internews is a media development organization, EJN will not consider applications rooted in advocacy or political campaigning.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit EJN Asia-Pacific Media Grants.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.