Deadline: 2 September 2016
Nominations are open for Humanitarian & Development Journalism Award 2016 by AidEx in partnership with NRS International for journalists who have made an outstanding contribution to the reporting of humanitarian and development issues during the past year.
The award will help celebrate the hard work done by journalists in portraying the realities of an often misunderstood sector. The awards will take place at AidEx on the 17th of November 2016.
The program aims to celebrate and recognize the best of humanitarian and development reporting and photojournalism across the globe.
- Photojournalism: For a best photograph / set of photographs.
- Reporting: For print, radio, TV broadcast and digital
- There will be one winner for each award. The winners will receive a trophy and €2500 at the award conferring ceremony during the AidEx event in Brussels, 17 November 2016.
- €250 towards the cost of travel or accommodation for each finalist present at the event will reimbursed after the event.
- Journalists can either submit their own work or have their work nominated by a third party.
- To be eligible for submission or nomination, the journalism should make an outstanding contribution to the reporting of humanitarian and development issues in at least one of the following ways and have been published in the calendar year of 2015
- investigated and reported on humanitarian and development issues
- encouraged debate on humanitarian and development issues
- raised awareness of humanitarian and development needs and responses
- recognised unsung heroes in the humanitarian and development sector
- brought the voice of affected communities to decision makers
- encouraged greater understanding of and respect for humanitarianism and development
- There are no geographic limitations – journalism regarding any country or region will be considered
- Print, radio, TV broadcast, and digital reporting are eligible for the Reporting Award.
- Any photograph published in 2015 which portrays the work or situation of those in need or NGOs and INGOs.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application forms online via given website.
For more information, please visit Humanitarian & Development Journalism Award.