Deadline: 30 August 2019
The Artistic Research Residency Programme Iran-Europe on the topic of Industrial Heritage or Living Archives is inviting Iranians and European artist to involve in the de-mining of sensitive heritage issues.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The programme is organised by BOZAR along with the Goethe Institut(Germany) and HERITΛGE -The Heritage Management Organization (Greece) in the framework of the European project HerMaP – Cultural Heritage Management Project in Iran.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Travel and visa costs, accommodation and daily allowance to attend the Artists-Lab in Brussels in November 2019 together with all selected artists;
- Travel and visa costs, accommodation, daily allowance and technical support for the residency;
- Each residency will be shaped around the individual needs of each successful applicant creating a unique residency opportunity providing a tailored residency program for each successful applicant, to meet and collaborate with local artists and experts;
- Travel and visa costs, accommodation and daily allowance to attend the Final Encounter in Brussels in May 2020.
Duration and Procedure Details
All participants will be invited to participate in the following activities:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Experimental-Lab and Study visits: in the Centre for Fine Arts Brussels – BOZAR (beginning of November). The programme, objectives and expected outcomes will be presented to the participants. Artists and experts in the field of industrial heritage will provide professional advice and hints to sharpen their approach.
- Artist in Residency Programme: Each residency is going to take one month between December 2019 and February 2020. The exact time-plan will be sent to the artists after the selection process.
- Presentation of results: In April 2020 there will be an exhibition in Iran, where the productions of each residency will be featured.
- Final Encounter: it will take place in the Centre for Fine Arts Brussels – BOZAR in May 2020 to share all experiences and encourage peer-learning, knowledge-sharing and future collaborations.
The Artistic Research Residency Program Iran-Europe invites Iranian and European artists to present a project on:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Either the potential re-evaluation, re-viewing and re-activation of a given industrial heritage site by shedding new light on it, defining innovative roles and functions for today and for tomorrow and linking its historical background with possible new roles and functions in the future through artistic means.
- Or on the topic of Living archives (see note below). This includes a spectrum of different approaches to deal artistically with: already existing archives, systematic archives, unclassified archives, new archives, incomplete archives, hidden archives, etc…
All projects should have an innovative storytelling dimension by using contemporary artistic formats of research and a community engagement dimension, including collaboration with local artists.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applicant must be:
- a visual artist, architect, filmmaker, writer, performer;
- residing in a country of the Europe or in Iran;
interested in works of art related to the fields of architecture, conservation, urban planning and history.
- age between 24 and 50;
- minimum 5 years of experience in their field of art;
- Good English skills in order to be able to communicate;
- willing to travel abroad for a residency.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Detailed CV
- Professional and personal motivations to be part of this project (max. 1 page)
- Description of the project, planned for the residency (max. 1 pages) answering to the Programme topic with framework, objective(s), expected outcomes, impact or possible interaction with local community, along with the selected site (see the list)
- Website, social media, links (if available)
- 2 references
- Passport Copy
- Contact Information
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via email at the address given on the website with the subject application “industrial heritage 2019” or “Living archives 2019”.
For more information, please visit https://www.bozar.be/en/news/158566-call-for-artists-on-industrial-heritage-and-living-archives-in-europe-and-iran