Deadline: 18 September 2018
The U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa has announced an open competition for non-governmental and non- profit organizations to submit applications for a project, that seeks to support independent media, entitled: Supporting Ethiopian Media.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The goal of this project is to enable independent media play a critical role in encouraging constructive discourse and helping the public understand the implications of reform proposals so that they can make informed decisions about the country’s future.
The program aspires to encourage emerging media outlets through a competitive process where recipient will be chosen based on their adherence to professional standards and organizational strength.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The program seeks to encourage emerging media outlets sustain as a business and play a critical role in encouraging constructive discourse and helping the public understand the implications of reform proposals so that they can make informed decisions about the country’s future. It further aspires to encourage the development of new outlets, creating valuable partnerships and adding much needed diversity to the public discourse in Ethiopia.
- Successful proposals for this project should demonstrate a capacity to solicit and appraise proposals, facilitates procurements of equipment and disbursing payments and awards. Grant funds will cover these costs as well as administrative costs for successful grant applicants.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Award amounts: awards may reach a maximum of $57,200
- Total available funding: $57,200
- Anticipated program start date: September 30, 2018
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Media associations,
- Nonprofit and or non-governmental organizations working in the area of media development and communication
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa.