Deadline: 28 February 2017
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Nepal is seeking applications for its 2017 Development Reporting Fellowship from journalists writing on or are interested to write on emerging development issues in Nepal’s context. The fellowship aims to promote in-depth reporting on topics of pressing concern, particularly those that relate to Nepal’s development discourse.
Journalists are encouraged to both explore the development challenges facing Nepal and also bring to fore the best practices that promise new and innovative solutions to the enduring problems.
- Poverty alleviation, employment generation, enterprise development
- Good governance, anticorruption, accountability
- Environment, energy, climate change, disaster preparedness
- Inclusive development, social coherence, gender equality, human rights and rule of law
- Innovation and development
- Post-Disaster Reconstruction/Recovery
- Sustainable Development Goals and other development issues
The fellowship amount will be Rs. 75,000.
- The UNDP Developing Reporting Fellowship is open to citizens of Nepal with at least three years of professional journalistic experience with newspapers, television channels, FM radio stations, online news portals and/or other news organizations.
- Freelance journalists/writers can also apply for this fellowship provided they could demonstrate documentary evidence of journalistic experience of over three years.
- Applicant must demonstrate his/her reporting and analytical skills through submitting writing samples.
- Candidates from traditionally marginalized and minority groups will be given a priority. Women journalists are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: Nepal
For more information, please visit Development Reporting Fellowship.