Deadline: 25 August 2016
The Joint Gender Fund (JGF) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for “Strengthening Community Level Gender-Based Violence Interventions” with an aim to enhance leadership and provide funding for innovative programmes that address the drivers of violence against women and girls in South Africa in ways that respond to and transform the underlying causes.
The JGF supports integrated, comprehensive and transformative programming interventions that contribute to a strengthened sector that is more able to respond to gender-based violence (GBV) in the context of socio-economic inequality in ways that transform gender relations, address key intersections, and empower women and girls in particular.
- Provide response services, such as counselling and/or support services to survivors of GBV.
- Address a specific critical driver of GBV, such as alcohol abuse, unemployment, poor service delivery, attitudes and beliefs which normalize violence, etc., with a view to combating GBV.
- Integrate strategies to transform consciousness of men and boys, whilst centering and building the agency of women and girls.
- Contribute towards prevention whilst making the linkage to improved response services to mitigate GBV.
- Are able to demonstrate a clear change agenda / results that are sustainable in the medium- to long-term.
- Bring different stakeholders together for improved impact.
- Work in partnership with local government and other local stakeholders, if applicable and possible.
- Harness the capacity of key community structures to respond to the issue.
- Will vary based on the applications, but will not exceed R50,000.00 per year.
- A maximum period of two years.
- Be a registered South African Non-Profit Organization.
- Be located in Limpopo, North West or Mpumalanga provinces only.
- Work on human rights/development issues as a core business, with some experience working to address gender-based violence (not necessarily as a main focus).
- Have adequate financial and management systems.
- Have a governance structure that is active and involved.
- Have strong women’s leadership, participation and empowerment.
- Demonstrate alignment with the overall strategy of the JGF.
- Have a vision for transforming unequal gender power relations.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Country: South Africa
For more information, please visit Joint Gender Fund (JGF).