Deadline: 23 December 2016
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the Canadian Commission for UNESCO are jointly organizing the “UNESCO Week for Peace and Sustainable Development: the Role of Education” will take place from 6 to 10 March 2017 at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, Canada.
The Week is organized in order to maximize interactions, networking and free debates and discussions among its participants. The Week will:
- Provide space for participants to discuss strategies to implement Target 4.7 of Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Education.
- Enable exchange of good practices and experiences in the fields of ESD and GCED.
- Present the opportunity for participants to learn about the latest trends and innovation in pedagogical approaches and practices in ESD and GCED.
- Formal and non-formal education
- Transformative Pedagogy
- Preparing teachers to teach ESD/GCED
- Whole-school approaches
- Measurement – assessing impact and results
- Eligible applicants include: individuals as well as national, regional and international institutions and organizations working on ESD and/or For-profit organizations are also invited to apply, but are required to collaborate with non-profit organizations.
- Proposal requirements: Proposals should:
- Address one or more of the above mentioned themes.
- May focus on ESD, GCED or on both ESD and GCED in an integrated way.
- Should focus on concrete and innovative pedagogical approaches and practices.
- Should take into consideration opportunities to promote and achieve gender equality.
- Should consider youth as an important ESD and GCED stakeholder group.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit UNESCO Week for Peace and Sustainable Development.