Deadline: 14 April 2017
The Mind & Life Institute, a non-profit organization, is currently seeking Letters of Intent for its Research Awards for the Promotion and Assessment of Prosociality, Empathy, Altruism, Compassion, and Ethics (PEACE Awards).
The Institute is committed to building a scientific understanding of the mind and human behavior as a way to reduce suffering and promote flourishing.
As part of its mission, Mind & Life Institute is offering this new grants program to fund research on novel interdisciplinary approaches for investigating and nurturing wholesome mental qualities related to Prosociality, Empathy, Altruism, Compassion, and Ethics (PEACE).
Two levels of funding are available through this program: up to $25,000 and up to $100,000 (USD). Grants will be awarded through a competitive application and selection process. Proposed research should be completed within a 2-year period, and annual progress reports are required for grantees to remain in good standing.
Applications are reviewed and selected based on the following criteria:
- Significance and impact to the field
- Methodological approach/design
- Quality of the applicant, likelihood of success and future contribution to the field
- Strength of research environment
To be eligible, the applicant (Principal Investigator) must have completed a terminal research/doctoral degree and sufficient training, experience and institutional resources to accomplish the proposed work.
How to Apply
The following elements will be required for the letter of intent application:
- Project description including:
- Explanation of the overall aims of the research project (500 words maximum)
- Brief description of the methodological approach (e.g., population, procedures, analysis; 700 words maximum)
- Significance and potential impact of the work (300 words maximum)
- Funding level you will be seeking ($25,000 or $100,000). Grant funds may be used to cover any research-related costs; salary and/or time buy-out is permissible.
- Abbreviated CVs or NIH-style biosketches of key personnel (3 pages maximum per biosketch)
Letters of intent must be submitted through the online application portal via given website.
For more information, please visit PEACE Awards.