Deadline: 30 April 2017
The Niwano Peace Foundation is seeking applications for its Grant Program 2017 to build a world of peace and coexistence. The Foundation makes grants in order to provide active encouragement for activities undertaken in a religious spirit and conducted in such a way as to invite broad social participation.
The Niwano Peace Foundation promotes interreligious understanding and cooperation. It also strives to strengthen cooperation among people actively making continuing efforts, in a religious spirit, to achieve a peaceful society.
- The amount which one applicant can apply will be up to 1,000,000 Japanese yen.
- Grants are provided for one year of the applicant’s activity.
- Social activities based on a religious spirit
- Grass‐roots activities deployed in a local community
- Practical activities, short‐term or long‐term, directly related to peace building.
- Activities which stimulate activities not only in one’s own field but as well in other fields and can be creative and pioneering models for realization of peace.
- An application may be made by either an individual or an organization.
- Nationality is not a criterion for eligibility.
- Any group which has been in continuous existence for a reasonable length of time is eligible to apply, whether or not it is legally incorporated.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, visit http://www.npf.or.jp/english/grant/guidelines_application_forms/