Deadline: 30 July 2018
The United States Department of State’s Bureau of African Affairs (AF) has announced a Notification of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for organizations interested in submitting proposals to support the AUHIP led Peace Process by facilitating peaceful dialogue, capacity building and negotiation support to the Sudan Call and other opposition groups.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This project is designed to support and facilitate political dialogue in Sudan, as well as provide consultation services and capacity building to the Sudan Call and other civil society organizations in Sudan. The program will use innovative and collaborative means to facilitate dialogue among a range of political and civil society actors in Sudan. The project and supported dialogues are intended to assist opposition members of the Sudan Call in developing consolidated political positions and platforms around economic, political, security sector reform and other governance issues within the African Union High Level Implementation Panel (AUHIP) peace process. Ongoing divisions amongst the political actors in the country have been one of the main barriers to reform in Sudan. This project builds on both the successes and failures of the ‘Sudan Call’ since its inception in December 2014. The program will focus on consolidating the gains made in the Sudan Call and ensuring that other groups have an opportunity to join the process.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
In support of goal, this program has 4 key objectives:
- Objective 1: Facilitate and strengthen Sudan Call coalition building and formalize official Sudan Call processes
- Objective 2: Contribute a unique source of institutional memory through the development of standard operating procedures, formal engagement strategies, and policy recommendations.
- Objective 3: Assist the Sudan Call in developing a strategic communications strategy.
- Objective 4: Provide technical experts, formal legal drafting, and training for political negotiations.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Award Ceiling: $500,000
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- U.S. – based non-profit/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) having a 501(c) (3) status with the IRS; overseas non-governmental organizations; Foreign Public Entities and Public International Organizations (PIOs).
- For-profit and commercial firms are not eligible to apply in response to this NOFO.
- Individuals are not eligible to apply.
- Applications must:
- Demonstrate past performance, experience, and expertise in facilitating political dialogue; drafting legal/political documents; and building coalitions.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the political landscapes, sensitivities, history and culture of countries in Sudan.
- Narrate a clear understanding of the nexus between proposed activities and the drivers of conflict in the region
- Identify how current projects, programs, and institutions related to peace building will impact, and be integrated into the Sudan peace process.
- Applicants should emphasize the development of an institutional framework, training, and technical approach that encourages transparency and collaboration.
- Applicants should also identify ways to engage with the array of civil society actors, international nongovernmental organizations, public international organizations, and other key stakeholders.
How to Apply
Application packages must be submitted via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.