Deadline: 28 August 2019
The Public Affairs section of the U.S. Embassy, Lomé has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out programs to strengthen peace and security and/or building social cohesion.
Project proposals submitted through this NOFO should address one of the following goals:
- Build capacity among government officials (local and/or national), security forces, and civil society groups to develop multi-stakeholder strategies to combat the sources of violent extremism.
- Strengthen collaboration between security forces and civil society in at-risk areas to work together to resist violent extremism.
- Increase social cohesion through conflict resolution trainings and/or messaging campaigns targeting key groups within vulnerable populations.
- Build resilience to extremism and social conflicts by addressing the poverty and lack of opportunity at the root of violence through entrepreneurship and education initiatives.
- Raise awareness of the danger of violent extremism through public outreach activities in at-risk communities, including (but not limited to) drama/sketch performances; sports camps; musical concerts; published materials such as comic books, cartoons, graphic novels, etc.
Priority Region: Savane Region of Togo.
Participants and Audiences
Youth, Community and Religious Leaders and Local Authorities
- Length of performance period: 6 to 12 months
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $2,000.00 to a maximum of $2,500.00
- Total available funding: $18,650.02
- Anticipated program start date: September 2019
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Public and private educational institutions
- For-profit organizations (only if allowed by appropriation – not for PD funds)
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
NOTE: Applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal per organization. If more than one proposal is submitted from an organization, all proposals from that institution will be considered ineligible for funding.
Cost Sharing or Matching
Cost sharing is not required for this solicitation.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2Zkk56L