The Global Resilience Partnership (GRP) is announcing a call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) to identify and nurture a pipeline of novel, viable and fundable financial mechanisms in Fragile and Conflict-Prone Regions.
GRP is requesting EOIs from organisations managing or supporting innovative finance mechanisms operating in Fragile and Conflict-Prone Regions that wish to increase the scale and effectiveness of their financial mechanisms.
Despite investment opportunities, private sector actors often face many challenges in Fragile and Conflict-Prone Regions that are difficult to overcome on their own. To meet this challenge and build resilience in the regions that need it most, the Global Resilience Partnership (GRP) is working with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) supported by GEF’s Challenge Program for Adaptation Innovation.
All successful organisations will:
- Benefit from targeted investment support against a business plan to improve the effectiveness of finance mechanisms.
- Be supported to develop a clear business plan of how they plan to increase the scale, effectiveness, and impact of these finance mechanisms.
- Receive technical assistance from a multi-disciplinary team comprised of experts in the fields of resilience programming, climate adaptation, peace & stability, and micro-finance.
- Benefit from peer-to-peer learning with other organisations running and supporting innovative finance mechanisms in Fragile and Conflict-Prone Regions.
- Benefit from networking opportunities with UNDP, GRP and with potential donors, investors, and other UN agencies wishing to increase their footprint in resilience-building activities in these regions.
- The Call is open to any organization that:
- Is either implementing or directly supporting innovative finance mechanisms that are investing in private sector initiatives in Fragile and Conflict-Prone Regions.
- Wishes to scale up and increase the effectiveness of these innovative finance mechanisms at building resilience in these regions.
- Wishes to benefit from targeted investment support, technical support, and networking opportunities aimed at amplifying and increasing the effectiveness of these funds.
- Eligible organisations include those:
- That are currently running or directly supporting at least one innovative finance mechanism that is currently, or has the potential to, build resilience in Fragile and Conflict-Prone Regions through private sector investments.
- That are able to demonstrate the potential for these innovative finance mechanisms to increase their scale and effectiveness at building resilience in Fragile and Conflict-Prone Regions.
- That can demonstrate how the investments from these innovative finance mechanisms benefit the resilience of vulnerable communities or have the potential to do so with support and investment.
- That can demonstrate links to the intersection of building peace and stability, food and water security, disaster risk reduction, gender equity, and climate adaptation.
- With a mechanism that is based in Fragile and Conflict-Prone Least Developed Countries.
- With a finance mechanism that presents a sustainable revenue model or the pathway to a sustainable revenue model.
- That offers a solution that does no harm (i.e. has no negative impacts on communities or ecosystems).
How To Apply?
- Provide a 600-word statement on how you are eligible, based on the eligibility requirements, including operating in an eligible country, The statement should explicitly state the size (in USD) of the innovative finance mechanism that is seeking support.
- Submissions should be sent by 11.59 pm [GMT] on 21 December 2020.
- Make sure you address all the eligibility requirements to your best ability.
- What are the timelines? The call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) opens on 2 December 2020.
- Call for Expressions of Interest
- The call opened for submissions: 2 December 2020 – 27 January 2021;
- The submission window closes on 27 January 2021.
- Screening, assessment, and selection: January 2021.
- Support: Mid-2021 onwards.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/35XusUm