Deadline: 30 November 2018
Australian High Commission in New Delhi is seeking applications for its Direct Aid Program (DAP) 2018-19 which is a small grants program funded by the Australian Government and managed through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The Australian High Commission New Delhi manages the DAP in northern India and Bhutan. It supports projects that have a strong development focus, contribute to poverty reduction, and strengthen communities in India and Bhutan. Over the past decade, DAP has built linkages and fostered relationships between Australia and these communities.
- Grants are typically provided up to 25 Lakh INR or BTN equivalent.
- Projects should be self-contained, with finite time lines. They must run for no longer than 12 months and should be self-sustainable beyond the term of the grant.
DAP activities should aim to achieve practical and tangible outcomes of high development impact. DAP funding can also support capacity building programs in the areas of governance and human rights engagement. The Australian High Commission in New Delhi will favourably consider projects:
- in the areas of education and skill development, sport, agriculture, health and disability, financial literacy, science, research and innovation, rural and urban development and textiles.
- that pursue innovative approaches, projects and partners that leverage the budget to its maximum potential.
- that help to build relationships with Indian and Bhutanese government, corporate and community leaders
- that have achievable and have sustainable outcomes
- DAP funding is available on a not-for-profit basis to NGOs and academic institutions engaged in development activities. For projects in India, applicants must have current Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA) registration.
- The Australian High Commission in New Delhi supports small-scale, sustainable development projects in north India (see below for a list of states covered) and Bhutan.
- States covered by the Australian High Commission in New Delhi: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal.
How to Apply
All applications for the 2018-19 DAP program must be submitted via given website.
For more information, please visit Direct Aid Program (DAP) 2018-19.