Deadline: 4 July 2019
European Commission is seeking proposals for its project entitled “Sport as a tool for integration and social inclusion of refugees” with an aim to support local sport projects focused on the integration of refugees.
Types of Lot
- Lot 1: organisation of sport activities in order to promote integration and social inclusion of refugees. The expected outputs would be the following:
- Organise sport activities for refugees
- Promote the practice of sport and physical activity by refugees
- Promote the cooperation of refugees and host communities in the organisation of sport activities
- Promote European Wide practices and methodologies increasing the potential of European host communities to successfully engage and integrate refugees through sport
- Participate in the European Network (see lot 2) in order to valorise the outcome of the project
- Lot 2: networking and dissemination. The expected outputs would be the following:
- Create and maintain links between projects selected under the current call for proposals, with the aim of selecting and spreading good practices
- Organize a platform of projects selected under PP/PA promoting “sport as a tool for integration and social inclusion of refugees” (years 2016-2019)
- Support the dissemination of good practices and initiatives taken throughout the EU
- Raise awareness about the strategies implemented in order to promote the integration and social inclusion of refugees through sport.
- Organise an yearly meeting/conference of the concerned projects.
The maximum amount to be awarded per project under lot 1 is 300.000 EUR. The minimum amount would be of 200.000 EUR. The maximum amount to be awarded per project under lot 2 is 600.000 EUR. The minimum amount would be of 400.000 EUR.
- Promoting the direct engagement of refugees and host communities;
- Promoting a Europe-wide approach, increasing the potential for host communities to successfully engage and integrate refugees through sport.
- Developing the links between organisations promoting the integration of refugees through sport at EU level.
- Creating a platform of projects aiming at promoting sport as a tool for integration and social inclusion of refugees
- Collecting and disseminating good practices, through IT tools, workshops, seminars and conferences, relating to available results of projects and initiatives aimed at the integration of refugees through sport.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- For both lot 1 and lot 2, in order to be eligible, projects must be presented by applicants meeting the following criteria:
- be a public or private organisation with legal personality who are mainly active in the sport field and that regularly organise sport competitions, at any level;
- have their registered legal office in one of the EU Member States.
- Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants (the list is not exhaustive and is given for example only):
- International or European Sport federations
- Non-profit organisation (private or public);
- Public authorities (national, regional, local);
- International or European organisations;
- Sport clubs;
- Educational institutions;
- Research centres;
- Natural persons are not eligible to apply for a grant under this call.
- For British applicants: Please be aware that eligibility criteria must be complied with for the entire duration of the grant. If the United Kingdom withdraws from the EU during the grant period without concluding an agreement with the EU ensuring in particular that British applicants continue to be eligible, you will cease to receive EU funding (while continuing, where possible, to participate) or be required to leave the project on the basis of Article II.17.2 of the grant agreement.
The activities must be enshrined within the framework of European common values and respect these essential principles and more particularly non-discrimination, tolerance and gender equality. A non-exhaustive list of the main activities eligible under this call for proposals is listed below:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Lot 1
- Sport activities aimed at promoting participation of refugees into EU societies
- Preparation and training of sport coaches and staff who will work on integration and social inclusion of refugees through sport
- Development, of activities and identification of good practices about participation of refugees into sport activities aimed at their integration into host societies.
- Lot 2
- Creation of a European Network in order to valorise the outcome of the projects selected under Lot 1 and to maintain links between those projects, with the aim of selecting and spreading good practices.
- Design and development of networks at EU level amongst organisations engaged into the integration of refugees through sport.
- Organisation of workshops, seminars and conferences aimed at making accessible information, expertise and cooperation opportunities relating to integration of refugees into EU societies through sport.
In order to assess the applicants’ eligibility, the following supporting documents are requested:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- private entity: extract from the official journal, copy of articles of association, extract of trade or association register, certificate of liability to VAT (if, as in certain countries, the trade register number and VAT number are identical, only one of these documents is required);
- public entity: copy of the resolution, decision or other official document establishing the public-law entity ;
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://ec.europa.eu/sport/calls/call-proposals-sport-tool-integration-and-social-inclusion-refugees_en