Deadline: 4 April 2019
U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan in collaboration with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) is accepting proposals for the Julia Taft Refugee Fund 2019 from potential partners working to assist refugees in Jordan. This support is meant to meet low-cost gaps in refugee protection and assistance.
- Minimum Award Amount: $5,000
- Maximum Award Amount: $25,000
Type of activities that can be funded under this program
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Below are just a few examples of the kinds of activities that can supported by this grant. Please make sure that there is a strong tie to the local context and that proposed activities build on the competencies / capacity of the proposing organization:
- Improve the mental health of the refugee community.
- Build a playground for refugee children.
- Support sports programs.
- Provide a shelter for 150 women and girls who are survivors of gender-based violence (GBV).
- Support livelihood and vocational training program for refugees.
- Train refugees in running small businesses.
- Support an income generating project and provide health care to persons with disabilities.
- Support a women and girls’ empowerment project for urban refugees.
Eligibility Criteria and Funding Guidelines
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The funds are meant to support sustainable (beyond one year) projects that assist refugees or refugee returnees.
- Consideration for support is given to projects that benefit both populations of concern and their host communities.
- The fund is not meant as an emergency fund.
- Applicants must be a registered organization (e.g.: NGO, community-based organization; faith-based organization).
- Local NGOs will be given priority.
Review and Selection Process
A selection committee at the U. S. Embassy Amman will review all applications received under this announcement based on the following criteria:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Capacity of the organization: the organization has experience in implementing activities related to vulnerable populations and is focused on economic and social development and demonstrates the ability to implement the activities proposed;
- Sustainability Plan: the proposal demonstrates a clear sustainability plan beyond the life of the award;
- Cost Application: the proposed costs are reasonable in relation to the proposed activities and anticipated results;
- Monitoring and evaluation: the applicant should provide a clear monitoring and evaluation plan that includes specific, measurable, and achievable indicators.
- Once the review process is completed, the U.S. Embassy will notify the successful applicants as well as the unsuccessful applicants. Prospective grantees will receive further instructions along with the notification of successful proposal. Once awarded, each grantee will be responsible for the program and financial reporting as specified in the award agreement.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this funding opportunity, please submit applications by email to the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://jo.usembassy.gov/call-for-proposals-julia-taft-refugee-fund-for-fy-2019/