Deadline: 15 May 2017
The U.S. Mission in Kampala, Uganda has announced a call for proposals for the Julia Taft Refugee Fund. The Fund’s primary intention is to support projects to assist refugees and focus on one-time needs.
The Julia Taft Fund supports community-based projects that provide sustainable assistance to refugees, internally displaced persons, vulnerable migrants and stateless persons.
The maximum project budget should not exceed $25,000.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their proposals either via post or email at the address given on the website.
- Projects that duplicate the work or services provided by the United Nations High Commission for Refugees or other multilateral refugee programs will not be funded.
- Project proposals must be submitted by a registered local community group and not by local officials or individuals. Groups must have diverse membership (no single families) and must be already established and operating.
- Ongoing administrative or operating costs, such as stipends or rent, may be included in the request, but should only account for a small portion of a comprehensive grant proposal.
- Taft Fund cannot be used to pay VAT. VAT MUST BE PAID BY THE GRANTEE.
- Proposals Sent to the Julia Taft Fund will not be Returned.
For more information, please visit Julia Taft Refugee Fund.