Deadline: 8 November 2018
The European Commission is inviting applications for its “ERC Synergy Grant” with an aim to promote substantial advances at the frontiers of knowledge, to cross-fertilize scientific fields, and to encourage new productive lines of enquiry and new methods and techniques, including unconventional approaches and investigations at the interface between established disciplines.
ERC Synergy Grants are intended to foster research at the intellectual frontiers by enabling a small group of two to four Principal Investigators, referred to as a ‘Synergy Grant Group’, and their teams, to bring together complementary skills, knowledge, and resources in new ways to jointly address ambitious research problems.
Synergy Grants may be awarded up to a maximum of EUR 10 000 000 for a period of 6 years.
- Eligible Principal Investigator:
- Principal Investigators may be of any age and nationality and may reside in any country in the world at the time of the application. A Synergy Grant Group must be made up of a minimum of two and a maximum of four Principal Investigators and, as necessary, their teams.
- One of the Principal Investigators must be designated as the Corresponding Principal Investigator, who will be the administrative contact point on behalf of the group.
- Principal Investigators funded through an ERC Synergy grant shall spend a minimum of 30% of their working time on the ERC project and a minimum of 50% of their working time in an EU Member State or Associated Country except for a Principal Investigator hosted or engaged by an Institution outside the EU Member states or H2020 Associated Countries.
- Eligible Host Institution:
- The host institution(s) (Applicant Legal Entity(ies) – up to four Host Insitutions – must engage the Principal Investigator(s) for at least the duration of the project, as defined in the grant agreement. It must either be established as a legal entity created under national law, or it may be an International European Interest Organisation (such as CERN, EMBL, etc.), the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) or any other entity created under EU law.
- Any type of legal entity, public or private, including universities, research organisations and undertakings can host Principal Investigators and their teams.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit ERC Synergy Grant.