Deadline: 23 May 2017
The Sino-Swedish Joint Research Programme is currently inviting applications for its research grant program in order to promote collaboration between researchers from Sweden and China to support research of the highest scientific quality.
Applications concern joint research collaborations between China and Sweden within any or both of the two subfocuses:
- Disease due to environmental impact or life style factors
- Treatment of chronic disease.
Maximum 1 000 000 SEK (Swedish part) and 1 000 000 CNY (Chinese part) per year and collaboration project
- The Research project Grant is open to a joint application made in collaboration between one researcher in Sweden and one researcher based at a Chinese university or other research institution. The applicants are the project leaders and scientific supervisors of the joint project. The Swedish and Chinese project leaders will receive funding from their respective national funding agencies and therefore also separately administer the funds.
- The Swedish applicant’s active participation in the project must equal at least 20 percent of a full-time employment. The applicant must hold a Swedish doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree awarded no later than at the deadline of this call. The date of issue will be considered to be the point in time when all the requirements of the degree were fulfilled (for example mandatory courses, the oral public defence of the doctoral thesis and the approved doctoral thesis).
- The Swedish part of the grant will be administered by a Swedish Higher Education Institution (HEI), or another public organisation in Sweden that fulfils the Swedish Research Council’s requirements for administrating organisationsopens in new window and has been approved as an administrating organisation.
- If funding is awarded to the project, the Swedish project leader must be employed by the administrating organisation when the grant period begins unless the Swedish Research Council, the administrating organisation or another employer (where applicable) agree otherwise. The employment must equal at least 20 percent of a full-time employment. He or she does not have to be employed by the administrating organisation when the application is submitted.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the joint application electronically through Prisma as mentioned on the website.
Eligible Countries: Sweden and China
For more information, please visit Sino-Swedish Joint Research Programme.