Deadline: 31 May 2017
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) in partnership with the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is currently seeking applications for its IGIDR-IDRC scholarships programs to support scholars in tackling barriers to inclusive development in Asia.
To that effect, the IGIDR is running a capacity building program in inclusive development with a special focus on the labour market and industrial policy. As part of this initiative and with funding from IDRC, the following scholarships are:
- Master’s program in Economics (five scholarships per academic year)
- A two-year program that provides students with rigorous hands-on training in economics. Special emphasis will be placed on analytical and problem solving skills, and exposure to emerging policy issues at the national and international levels.
- Selected Masters students will receive IDRC funded scholarships that include: monthly scholarship of INR 10000, Medical Coverage of INR 25000 per year, and one time travel grant up to a maximum of INR 50000.
- M.Phil. program in Development Studies (three scholarships per academic year)
- A two-year program designed for students seeking an advanced level of analytical and applied skills, but who may not be keen on pursuing a PhD. The program involves the successful completion of course work and a dissertation on a topic that broadly involves the labour market and industrial policy.
- Selected M.Phil. students will receive IDRC funded scholarships that include: a monthly stipend of INR 17000 in the first two years, Medical coverage of INR 25000 per year, one time travel grant up to a maximum of INR 50000, applicable book grant and possible one time conference travel funding.
- Visiting doctoral students (three scholarships per academic year)
- Each visiting doctoral scholarship is for a maximum period of twelve months. During this time, candidates will complete at least one major essay of their theses at IGIDR, which would be published as an IGIDR working paper following review.
- Post-doctoral program (two scholarships)
- Post-doctoral scholarships are available for scholars from the target countries who are recently graduated PhD candidates, or for junior faculty who have submitted PhD dissertations or obtained PhD degrees with an outstanding academic record and with training in economics, particularly inclusive development. Grantees will be expected to produce at least two working papers per year; they will also be expected to give at least two seminars at IGIDR each year based on their work at IGIDR.
As applicable, all selected candidates will receive the scholarship, medical coverage, book grants, conference travel funding, housing, and one round trip economy airfare.
- For Master’s program in Economics: Minimum qualification for admission to M.Sc. programme includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents:
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Economics/Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Statistics/Bachelor of Science in Physics or Mathematics/Bachelor of Technology/Bachelor of Engineering, with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines.
- The applicant must have studied Mathematics at the higher secondary (12 years School Leaving Examination) or higher level.
- For Phil. program in Development Studies: Minimum qualification for admission to the M.Phil. programme includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents:
- Master of Arts/Master of Science in Economics/Master of Statistics/Master of Science in Physics or Mathematics or Environmental Science or Operations Research/Master of Business Administration /Master of Technology/Master of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology (4 years or above programs)/Bachelor of Engineering (4 years or above programs) with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for all other disciplines.
- The applicant must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary (12 years School Leaving Examination) or higher level.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants must complete their applications online via given website.
For more information, please visit International Development Research Centre.