Deadline: 30 September 2018
Applications are now open for the ECOWAS Research and Innovation Support Program (PARI) which is a competitive program that aims to select the best projects submitted by researchers through calls for applications. It is included in the ECOWAS Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Action Plan and is in close alignment with the Community Strategic Framework. (CSC) 2016-2020 of the ECOWAS, the African Union Strategy on Science, Technology and Innovation (STISA), the African Union Agenda 2063 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG-30).
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This program is implemented to respond to the many challenges of the research sector (obsolescence and degradation of equipment and infrastructure, low production of researchers, development of regional research programs, etc.).
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The PARI pursues the following specific objectives:
- Financing research on a competitive basis of call for applications of research projects contributing to the fight against poverty and having an impact on the development of the region;
- Promote the mobility of researchers through the development of regional projects;
- Support research laboratories to strengthen their capacities (equipment and connectivity) and access to scientific information;
- Build the capacity of young researchers to ensure the next generation of scientists of the research institutes within the region.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The PARI program provides a grant of one hundred thousand dollars ($ 100,000) per field of research.
Domain of Research/Research Activities
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Earth and Life Sciences
- Basic Science, Technology and Innovation
The PARI shall award grants to two types of recipients1:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- research Institutions;
- laboratories in ECOWAS Members State.
The laboratories and research Institutions must fulfill the following conditions:
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Be located in one of ECOWAS member country;
- work in the field of Research in science, technology and Innovation;
- Apply in one of the fields identified by the call for applications;
- Propose an integrative research project with a need to form consortia of researchers;
- Comply with the deadline for the submission of applications;
- Present a project of 10 pages maximum. The project must Have an impact on the development of the region;
- Contribute to the development of Science, Technology and Innovations through its results;
- Integrate young researchers (doctoral student, junior researchers) with the consideration of the gender issue;
- Contribute to the resolution of a sustainable solution;
- Contribute to the sustainable acquisition of equipment for research.
ECOWAS Member States
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit ECOWAS.
(Ad) A massive library of Downloadable Ebooks, covering a range of how-to topics from fundraising, proposal writing, grant listings, donor listings to NGO management. Learn more.