Deadline: 30 August 2019
The Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs’ (OES) Office of Science and Technology Cooperation at the Department of State has announced the Notice of Funding Opportunity (“NOFO”) for Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) initiative that focuses on the Indo-Pacific region in support of the United States Indo-Pacific Strategy.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
GIST is a program that highlights American leadership in innovation, promotes S&T innovation and entrepreneurship among young innovators in low and middle income countries through networking, skills building, mentoring, and access to financing, and connects foreign entrepreneurs to American businesses in support of U.S. economic and security priorities.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- GIST strengthens the capacity of young science and technology innovators and entrepreneurs in low and middle income countries and the innovation ecosystems in which they operate. This program will focus on the Indo-Pacific region and build entrepreneurial and innovation capacity within the region. Specifically, GIST:
- Identifies and recruits the most talented young S&T entrepreneurs in GIST eligible countries and territories.
- Connects American businesses and experts with global innovators.
- Catalyzes participants’ success and boosts the confidence of participants through training, networking, and program structure.
- Promotes GIST participants’ innovations and stories to the public as role models for entrepreneurship and youth.
- Reinforces the role of American and scientific values, including integrity, ethics, merit-based competition, transparency, and scientific rigor.
- Engages participants, mentors, prominent U.S. entrepreneurs, and others to support GIST, to educate entrepreneurs, and to become and remain part of the broader GIST Network community.
- Ensures women and other underrepresented groups are well represented (experts, judges, participants, and mentors).
- Assembles participant/event information and updates to support the identification of gaps and the monitoring and evaluation of the ecosystem.
- Delivers activities that address skill and resource gaps in priority entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- The OES-led Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) initiative catalyzes science, technology, and innovation (STI) activities that support the Administration’s economic and national security goals, including by connecting American businesses with premier foreign entrepreneurs in priority emerging markets, helping to build more stable economies, and strengthening American business and investment ties to foreign markets.
To achieve the goals and expected results, the proposal must address all three program activities listed below, with a focus on countries in the Indo-Pacific region:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- In-Country Training Activities and Pitch Competitions
- Interactive Online Activities
- Strengthening Early Stage Investment Networks
- Award Ceiling: $1,000,000
- Award Floor: $1,000,000
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Eligibility is limited to U.S. non-profit/nongovernmental organizations subject to section 501 (c) (3) of the U.S. tax code and U.S. educational institutions. Foreign organizations or Public International Organizations will NOT be considered for this competition.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=319632
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.