Deadline: 7 December 2016
The Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India and the General Directorate for Country Promotion (Economy, Culture and Science) – Unit for Scientific and Technological Cooperation of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, (hereafter referred as to “the Parties”) is currently inviting applicants for its Scientific and Technological Cooperation between the Republic of India and the Italian Republic 2017–2019, signed in New Delhi, on 28th November 2003 and entered into force on 3rd November 2009, to initiate herewith the procedures for the drafting of the Executive Programme of Scientific and Technological Cooperation for the three-year period 2017–2019 (hereafter referred as to “the Executive Programme”).
From 28th October, 2016, a call for the submission of joint research projects by researchers of both Countries is open, with the aim of encouraging scientific and technological cooperation between India and Italy. Each Principal Investigator (hereafter referred as PI) may submit one project only.
Priority Research Areas
- Information and Communication Technology
- Energy, Environment and Sustainable Agriculture
- Health, Biotechnology and Medicine
- Physical and Chemical Sciences
- Technologies applied to Cultural and Natural Heritage
- The Call is open to scientists, engineers or faculty members regularly employed in universities and research institutions, including hospitals and foundations, as well as private nonprofit institutions that develop R&D activities, in India or Italy.
- Indian PI should be scientists/ faculty members working in regular capacity in universities, academic institutes and national research and development laboratories/ institutes.
- The Indian Principal Investigator (PI) should not be retiring or leaving the parent institute during the proposed duration of the project.
- Italian PI’s shall hold the Italian nationality or any EU nationality provided they are permanently resident in Italy.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: India and Italy
For more information, please visit Indo-Italian S&T Cooperation.