Deadline: 17 February 2017
Citizen Science Grants is an element of the Inspiring Australia – Science Engagement Programme. It provides grants on a competitive basis to support community participation in scientific research projects that have a national impact.
Citizen Science Grants is an element of the Inspiring Australia – Science Engagement Programme that aims to provide opportunities for the public to engage in science by participating in scientific research projects that include the collection or transformation of data in Australia.
It does this by providing grants that support community participation in scientific research projects that have a national impact.
Participants will be able to take part in scientific research projects by a range of means, including collecting and analysing data, formulating questions and organising research teams. Research projects are expected to be peer-reviewed and produce credible, reliable data that will be shared (as appropriate) with participants, the science community and the public.
Participants will be empowered by learning new skills, forming new networks, being acknowledged for their participation, and by receiving updates on their participation in specific research projects.
Funding of up to $4 million over 4 years ($1 million per year) is available from 2016-17 to 2019-20.
- The minimum grant amount is $50,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $500,000.
Applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be one of the following:
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- an eligible research organisation
- a publicly funded research organisation (PFRO) (as defined in Appendix A of the Programme Guidelines)
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- a local government agency or body (including government business enterprises)
To be eligible your project must:
- be a scientific research project
- include either data collection or transformation of data as an eligible activity
- involve participation by members of the public – that is, participation is not restricted to scientists specialising in the relevant subject matter
- include a core activity or core activities that take place in Australia
- have a maximum duration of 3 years
- include a minimum of $50,000 in eligible expenditure.
How to Apply
Eligible entities must apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit Citizen Science Grants.