Deadline: 18 January 2018
The Embassy of the United States in Quito, Ecuador and the Consulate General in Guayaquil is currently inviting Ecuadorian university students, involved in social entrepreneurship projects, to participate in the “Study of the US Institutes” 2018 program. This program lasts 5 weeks and it will take place between June and August 2018.
The objective of the program is to equip the participants with solid foundations so that they can use their business skills to solve social issues and develop their leadership. Selected students will have the opportunity to explore the development, history, challenges and successes of social enterprises and community leaders in the United States and the world. It will address issues such as organizational development and management, business ethics, negotiation techniques, emerging markets and risk analysis, micro finance, corporate social responsibility, strategic planning and innovation, as well as entrepreneurship issues for women and minorities. Travel expenses will be covered in full by the government of the United States.
- Being Ecuadorian by birth
- Be 18 to 25 years of age until July 2018
- Study at a university in Ecuador and have at least one more semester of study upon returning from the program (as a regular student, not in preparation for a thesis).
- Demonstrate leadership qualities in applicant’s university or community
- Participate in social entrepreneurship projects
- Participate in extracurricular and volunteer activities
- Have excellent grades and academic achievements
- Belonging to a family of medium / low economic resources
- Speak fluent Spanish (You do not need to speak English to participate)
How to Apply
The completed form and the supporting documentation should be scanned and sent via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Ecuador
For more information, please visit Embassy of the United States in Ecuador.