Deadline: 2 May 2017
The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is currently accepting applications for the Kauffman Inclusion Open, intended for nonprofit and for-profit organizations with uncommon solutions for leveling the playing field for diverse entrepreneurs who have been excluded due to demographic, socio-economic and geographic barriers. Qualified organizations will demonstrate how they would address these types of barriers:
- Direct barriers, including but not limited to access to training, mentoring and capital, and/or
- Contributing and social issues that address the root causes of barriers, including but not limited to bias, poverty, declining infrastructure and demographic shifts.
- Reduce direct, contributing and social barriers to entrepreneurship for diverse populations and underserved markets
- Collaborate with leading organizations to continue developing our ability to identify market gaps, intervene to reduce barriers and disseminate lessons learned
- Build a community of practice focused on leveling the playing field for diverse entrepreneurs
- Encourage the field of entrepreneurship support to consider interventions beyond the traditional founder education offerings and to use human-centered design to more effectively understand and serve the needs of entrepreneurs
- Surface uncommon ideas with potential scalable impact that could be considered for larger investments
- An organization may qualify if:
- It has uncommon solutions to leveling the playing field for diverse entrepreneurs
- It is working to address the underlying causes of these barriers
- Foundation welcomes applications from everyone who fights for entrepreneurs to help clear the path for diverse makers, doers and dreamers to pursue their ambitions. We must work together to encourage, guide and reinforce entrepreneurs of all colors, genders and economic backgrounds.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Kauffman Inclusion Open.