Deadline: 5 April 2017
The Engage and Educate Fund is open to projects that empower people through education, to achieve their full potential and to contribute to community. Projects that focus on people from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people with migrant status are encouraged to apply. Project activities can also include adult education & physical education for adults and/or children and young people.
The Engage & Educate Fund offers:
- A share of €150,000 fund, including both cash grant and non-financial supports, shared between 4 or 5 projects
- 2/ 3 month bespoke programme (activities may including mentoring and growth planning)
- The Engage and Educate Fund is open to projects that empower people through education to positively impact their wider communities. Projects that focus on people from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people with migrant status are encouraged to apply. Projects can also include adult education & physical education for adults and/or children.
- The Engage and Educate Fund will accept applications from;
- Not for Profits
- Voluntary Organisations
- Higher Education Institutes
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate how their project impacts upon the lives of their participants & their local communities.
- Applications are likely to come from charities, voluntary organisations, schools, higher education institutions and other not for profits.
- The project must address a critical social issue – in this case educational disadvantage
- The solution proposed must be innovative in an Irish context.
- The solution must have potential and a desire to scale or replicate in Ireland (it may also have potential internationally, but this is not a requirement).
- The solution must provide evidence that it is up and running, or have been tested at least in a minimal way.
- That it is based on the island of Ireland and will make its main impact in the Republic of Ireland
- Applicants must come from an entity that has a not for profit legal form e.g. school, charity, social enterprise or higher education institutes.
- Project that can demonstrate they incorporate 3 of the below list will have an advantage:
- Focus on students from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds, including travellers
- Focus on students with disabilities (intellectual, mental health, physical)
- Focus on students from a migrant background
- Employs a holistic approach – whole school, parent, community involvement
- Involves target groups in the project design
- A research & evaluation component
- Clear short term & medium goals
- A numeracy or literacy component
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Engage and Educate Fund.