Deadline: 16 June 2019
The Embassy of Italy in Tokyo in collaboration with other Italian and Japanese public institutions (ICE, Invitalia, Japan External Trade Organization JETRO) has organised the fourth edition of the Italian Innovation Day 2019 which will be held at Ark Mori Building, Tokyo, on October 9th, 2019.
The aim is to foster business cooperation between Italian startups and Japanese corporations in innovative fields as well as attracting foreign investments and supporting Italian innovative scaleups in establishing a presence in Japan.
Fifteen startups and scaleups will have the chance to pitch in front of a wide audience of important corporations and investors.
A quota up to five startups is reserved to companies that have received funding from Smart & Start Italia, an incentive program managed by Invitalia.
The event, strongly supported by the innovation business journalists Emil Abirascid and Masaru Ikeda, has been gathering attention from several members of the local innovators’ community, such as Venture Café Tokyo, which will host a demo table for the selected startups at Toranomon Hills (Tokyo) on the following day, October 10th, 2019.
- Improving quality of life in ageing societies
- Clean growth and workflow innovation: moving towards a resource-efficient economy
- Preparing for and managing impact of global events such as Tokyo Olympics and Osaka Expo Main sectors and verticals of interest are:
- Fintech, Insurtech, Regtech
- AI, IoT, Big data
- Blockchain, Cyber Security
- RPA (Robotic Process Automation)
- Robotics, Wearable
- Mobility, Connected car
- Healthcare, Medtech
- Agritech, Foodtech
- Materials and Nanotechnologies
- Smart factories, Smart communities and Smart home
- Energy, Environment, Green economy
- Logistics and infrastructures
- Sharing economy, E-commerce, Marketing
- Creativity and Design
- Tourism and Entertainment
Special Requirements are:
- Being on the market and ready for international expansion
- Not having already any formal technology transfer agreement with a japanese company
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2VuL0er