Deadline: 29 May 2019
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) is seeking applications for its Sports Award to recognize sports teams, athletes, and community-based organizations that use sports to catalyze and sustain changes to make communities healthier places to live, learn, work, and play.
Each category winner receives:
- $10,000 cash prize.
- Applicant’s story and successes is celebrated broadly to inspire others.
- Opportunity to engage with other community leaders at RWJF headquarters during private ceremony.
- The Foundation will consider applications in the following three categories:
- Category 1: A professional sports team community relations department or foundation based in the United States or Canada.
- Category 2: An individual athlete or professional coach’s foundation based in the United States or Canada.
- Category 3: An organization in the United States or Canada that is an influential leader and model for improving community health through sports.
- Up to three awards may be given each year—one in each category outlined above.
- Applicants that are not charitable organizations or public entities must apply with an organization that is such an entity and will receive the prize funds. Additional documentation may be requested.
- Eligible organizations must already be in existence; funding not available for equipment, transportation, facilites or other program expenses.
- If applicants are a chapter within a larger organization, the umbrella organization is eligible to apply, but individual chapters are not. RWJF encourages national offices of affiliate organizations to feature the work of their local organizations in their application.
- The Foundation pledges to work in ways that reflect their values and guiding principles. They strive to treat everyone with respect; cultivate diversity, inclusion, and collaboration; and act as good stewards of private resources, using them to advance the public’s interest. The Foundation recognizes that their reputation and success also depend upon the integrity, fairness, and sound judgment of those with whom they work.
- With these principles in mind, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) will not consider an application if it is submitted by an entity whose name, brand, or practices—in the Foundation’s judgment—denigrates, harms, or discriminates against any racial or ethnic group. For example, a team with a name or mascot that, in RWJF’s view, denigrates Native Americans will not be eligible for the award.
In determining the winners of the RWJF Sports Award, they will take into account guiding principles in addition to the following selection criteria:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Making communities healthier through sport
- Impact and measurable results
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.rwjf.org/en/library/funding-opportunities/2019/robert-wood-johnson-foundation-sports-award.html