Deadline: 31 May 2016
The Mama Cash was the first international women’s fund in the world and is still alive and kicking. For 2016, Mama Cash expects to approve grants to approximately 20 new groups, in addition to the planned renewal grants to current grantee-partners.
Mama Cash supports groups and initiatives that:
- Work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective
- Are self-led by the women, girls and/or trans people they serve
- Have the promotion of women’s, girls’ and/or trans people’s human rights as their primary mission, and not just as the focus of part of their programmes
- Push for structural and fundamental change
- Focus on issues that are under-addressed and/or contested
- Reproductive justice
- Changing sex, sexuality and gender norms
- Reframing and ending violence
- Money (economic justice)
- Labour rights
- Environmental justice
- Applicants include groups, organisations, networks and other women’s funds. They are led by and work for sexual and ethnic minorities, adolescent girls, trans people, indigenous women, low-income women, single mothers, women with disabilities, migrant women, sex workers, rural women and women workers in both formal and informal sectors.
- Applicants must be based outside of the United States or Canada.
- Grant seeking organization must have annual operating budgets below EUR200,000.
- Applicant organization or initiatives must have their primary mission to promote the women’s, girls’ and/or trans people’s human rights.
- Individuals or businesses are not eligible to apply for Mama Cash Grants.
- Applicants must work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective; self-led by women, girls and/or trans people they serve.
- Applicants must push for structural and fundamental change and be connected to other organizations in women’s rights and/or other social justice movements.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply for grants by filling up the Letter of Interest form available on the given website.
For more information, please visit: http://www.mamacash.org/apply-for-a-grant/