Deadline: 17 June 2016
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organizations for “respect for fundamental human rights and freedoms in Trinidad and Tobago” in order to promote human rights and democratic reform.
The objective of this Call for Proposals is to support activities aiming to create enabling environment conducive to tackling Human rights issues in Trinidad and Tobago.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 160 000 and EUR 166 000.
Value Added Elements
- Engagement under both areas
- Promotion of a conducive environment for eligible organisations to operate in their areas of engagement
- Equitable partnerships for capacity development between partnering organisations; these should include mentoring and coaching, peer learning, networking, and building of linkages
- Strengthening of alliances, coalitions, issue based networks, their internal governance and democratic representation and the inclusion and empowerment of their partners in this Call, particularly those at the grassroots
- Dissemination of knowledge and use of evidence as a basis for advocacy and action
- Integration of cross-cutting principles of gender based violence, LGBTI, and prisoners’ rights and non-discrimination, advocacy in these fields and engaging in relevant networks and campaigns
- Implementation of financial support schemes that target small organisations that do not have the financial means and/ or operational capacities to seek funding from the EU
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be civil society organisations, including non-governmental non-profit organisations and independent political foundations, community-based organisations, and private-sector-nonprofit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks thereof at local, national, regional and international level, and regional and Be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority.
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or in any country without limitation
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicants as specified hereafter.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Canton and Enderbury Islands, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos or Keeling Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo – Brazzaville, Congo – Kinshasa, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Dronning Maud Land, East Germany, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, French Southern and Antarctic Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Honduras, Hong Kong SAR China, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Johnston Island, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau SAR China, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Metropolitan France, Mexico, Micronesia, Midway Islands, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar or Burma, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, North Vietnam, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pacific Islands Trust Territory, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Panama Canal Zone, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, People’s Democratic Republic of Yemen, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Réunion, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Serbia and Montenegro, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, São Tomé and Príncipe, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands, U.S. Miscellaneous Pacific Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uganda, Ukraine, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wake Island, Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.