Deadline: 31 May 2020
The Program located in in Trivandrum, South India on the banks of the scenic Vellayani Lake, kanthari offers a unique twelve-month training course with a tailor-made curriculum. Participants are equipped with all tools and
skills required to set up and run own NGO’s/social enterprises that make a positive impact in their communities. 7 months are residential in India, followed by 5 months start-up phase mentorship support.
The course is especially designed for future kantharis and cannot be compared with any postgraduate study. Previous formal education is not necessarily required. Participants who apply for this program have to be committed to a dream and a plan to create a mindset change in their community.
The course is especially designed for those who have overcome adversity and because of that are driven to make a difference. The course is an experiential journey and cannot be compared with any postgraduate study. Previous formal education is not necessarily required. Participants who apply for this program must be committed to address a social issue and create a positive social impact within their communities. Verticals that are being addressed by kanthari graduates are alternative education, disability, human rights and environment.
- tailor-made empowerment programme personal development
- skill sets in project management, planning, fund-raising, communication, social media, public speech
- access to mentoring programme
- networking with social change makers from 45 countries
- full board and lodging during the time in India.
- Applicants will need to have a plan for a social project/venture that will create a mindset change in their community.
- Applicants will need to be 22 years of age or older (no upper limit).
- Intermediary knowledge of English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Basic knowledge of using a computer.
- High energy, flexibility, creativity, selfdriven.
- For people in wheelchairs: independent mobility and daily living skills.
- For blind and/or partially sighted people: excellent mobility skills, being able to use the white cane.
For more information, visit https://www.kanthari.org/admissions/