Deadline: 29 April 2019
Do you see opportunities, even in large complex challenges? Are you a change maker that wants to grow even stronger in your leadership? Do you also want to learn from some of the most impactful people and solutions in sustainability science, leadership, technology and impact investment? If yes, then apply for the BALTICLEAD program!
BALTICLEAD is a leadership program that aims to increase applicants capacity to work for humans and the planet as an individual leader and as a part of groups. Through the programme, they work with seeking new solutions and methods to the planet’s problems. BALTICLEAD is a joint initiative between the Swedish Institute and the Stockholm Resilience Centre, at Stockholm University. It is a leadership programme designed for entrepreneurship and systems change in the Baltic Sea region and Eastern Europe.
The initiative is based on the Resilience Centre’s research on Planetary Boundaries, Resilience Thinking and Transformations to Sustainability. The programme is structured over three integrated fields: human, social and planetary thriving. Participants of BALTICLEAD will address some of the world’s biggest social and ecological challenges as opportunities. Participants will build global solutions with the Planetary Opportunities model as a framework. The programme aims at starting a journey to create a new network of changemakers that serve both people and the planet.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
BALTICLEAD will give applicants:
- Theoretical and practical know-how on technological and social innovations and how technological enablers can be used for social-ecological transformations.
- Knowledge about the planet’s climate and ecosystems and understanding of key concepts like; planetary boundaries and opportunities model, system entrepreneurship (and society’s need for it), transformations to sustainability, biomimicry – nature-based solutions.
- Access to knowledge from, and the chance to work with, top leaders from science, business and the public sector.
- Chance to develop as a leader and entrepreneur.
- Awareness around one’s own impact as human and skills on self-leadership and Neuroleadership.
- An opportunity and generator mindset, mapping one´s resources and knowing how to share.
- Access to a global network consisting of leaders, with the common aim to promote sustainable change at local, national or global level.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the BALTICLEAD programme are covered. The programme will pay for transportation to and from the modules locations.
- During the programme, all participants will be insured against acute illness and accident.
- Training and content.
- Applicants are a permanent resident or citizen of one of these countries: Sweden, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Azerbaijan or Armenia.
- Applicants are approximately 25-40 years of age.
- Applicants are fluent in spoken and written English.
- Applicants have an international aim and thinking.
- Applicants are an expert within their field.
- Applicant’s interest is deeply rooted in social and environmental sustainability and new technological and social innovations.
- Applicants have a distinct motivation for participation.
- Applicants can be present at all modules and courses.
- Applicants have experience of leading and mobilizing around urgent issues.
- Applicants are a team player and a generator for their community.
- Applicants have been trained in social intelligence and the ability to listen.
- Applicants have the capacity to contribute opinions and reflections whilst accepting and learning from different perspectives in the group.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via the given website.
For mroe information, please visit https://si.se/en/apply/leadership-programmes/balticlead/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.