Deadline: 1 August 2016
The British Council is inviting young cultural practitioners looking to develop and strengthen their cultural leadership skills, for its Global Cultural Leadership Programme.
The Programme specifically aims to improve skills of cultural managers, enhance collaborative peer-to-peer learning, network building and enable you to develop fresh insights into international cultural collaboration practices.
It offers a set of learning modules, tools and manuals for practice-based learning, giving you opportunities to build meaningful collaborations at the global level and within the EU.
For the first edition of the programme, the European Cultural Diplomacy Platform will look specifically for applications from outstanding cultural managers who fill in the criteria below:
- Geographical criteria:
- are nationals of (and are working for organisations in) countries mentioned below (a maximum of three participants from each of these ten countries will be selected),
- are nationals of (and are working for organisations in) the 28 EU member states (a maximum of ten EU participants in total will be selected, one per EU country)
- Professional experience:
- work for a cultural civil society organisation (NGO), a cultural enterprise (social or for profitmaking) or a public cultural institution (such as museums, libraries, or music venues that operate on local, regional and national levels)
- have (some) previous experience in international networking and cultural exchange and have relevant working experience in the field of 3 to 5 years
- are working in a field or position that allows them to act as local/national multipliers of new leadership knowledge and global cultural networking
- hold a relevant (leading) position in their organisation.
- Thematic interest:
- are strongly interested in international cultural collaboration and wish to further develop professionally in a global working context
- show a strong awareness of intercultural sensitivities and are passionate about working on cultural issues and topics of global relevance.
- Language criteria and age requirements:
- have a very good working knowledge of English are (preferably) 25 – 39 years of age
How to Apply
Applications (preferably in pdf format) and inquiries bust be sent by e-mail.
- EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic ofCyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France,Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
- Other Eligible Countries: Brazil, Canada, China, Japan, India, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, South Korea and the USA.
For more information, please visit British Council.