Deadline: 20 January 2017
The VSO India Trust, a part of VSO International, is currently seeking applications for its International Citizen Service (ICS) programme, a development programme that brings together young people from the UK and developing countries to volunteer in some of the poorest communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
It is unique initiative of the government of UK which was launched by the British Prime Minister in the year 2011 which was designed to enhance development understanding amongst youngsters from the UK between the age group 18-25 through development engagement.
As part of the Programme, 10 international volunteers from the UK will volunteer in India wherein they will be paired with 10 national volunteers. The team of 20 volunteers will live and work in a community/organisation for a period of 3 months. The volunteers will be placed in the communities’ where they will be engaged in work placements around VSO India’s thematic areas of livelihood and education.
- A diverse range of young people from different countries participate in the development process by engaging with the rural communities in India
- Life changing experience for young people and an opportunity to help improve the lives of some of the poorest people.
- Be a part of a dynamic team of 20 Volunteers from UK and India, exchanging ideas and collaborating on finding effective solutions to real-life problem.
- Opportunity to be a part of the community- live with the local families for 3 months
Applicants must be:
- An Indian National in the age group of 18-25 years
- Committed and Motivated
- Willing to devote 3 months (full time) living in a village in Bihar, Madhya Pradesh or Maharashtra.
- Language spoken/understood – English and Hindi
- Able to join the programme from May 2017 to July 2017.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants must apply via given website.
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please visit Call for Applications.