Deadline: 23 December 2017
Are you young researcher working in Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Viet Nam, and Thailand and interested in developing regional proposals? If yes, then apply for the Proposal Development Training Workshop (PDTW).
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN) in collaboration with Vietnam Academy of Science & Technology (VAST) is seeking applications for its Proposal Development Training Workshop (PDTW) in order to enhance the capacity of young scientists and practitioners in the South Asia region to develop competitive research proposals for funding.
The workshop theme will focus on “Disaster Risk Reduction and Community Resilience to Climate Change in Vulnerable Areas”. APN’s Annual Proposal Development Training Workshop (PDTW) will be held on 28 February-2 March, 2018 in Viet Nam.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Structure of the Workshop
The training workshop will be conducted over three days (28 February–2 March 2018) and will comprise three main parts that are:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Icebreaking session and/or field visit;
- Interactive lecture-based activity; and
- Hands-on training exercises.
- The PDTW is open to young scientists from Southeast Asia and working in the area(s) related to the main theme of the workshop. For this reason, applicants requiring funding support will ONLY be accepted from those young scientists/practitioners who are from, living and working in APN member countries of Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Viet Nam, and Thailand.
- Young scientists/practitioners who wish to attend the workshop on a self-funded basis may apply and should be working in an area related to the main theme and with a focus on Southeast Asia, although he/she may be from any APN member or approved country.
- Young/early-career scientists/practitioners under 40 years of age can apply for the PDTW (students/research assistants and post-docs are encouraged).
- He/she should be working in areas of, or have academic experience related to, the main theme of the workshop.
- He/she must be one of the following:
- An undergraduate degree holder with five years of related working experience;
- A postgraduate working towards a PhD or Master’s degree;
- A Master’s degree holder with two years of related work experience;
- A PhD degree holder;
- A postdoctoral student.
- He/she must currently be affiliated to an academic or national/regional research institution.
- He/she must have a good working knowledge of the English language.
- A letter of recommendation from your supervisor and a motivation essay are required to be attached to the Application Form.
- Participants will be selected on a first come, first served basis.
- Those who intend to apply on a self-funded basis can be within or outside the sub-region, but their intended work must focus on the Southeast Asia Region and the applicant must be from one of APN’s member/approved countries.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Viet Nam, and Thailand.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit PDTW.