Deadline: 4 September 2019
Cultural Policy program is organizing a workshop for cultural policy researchers and cultural actors in the Arab region.
The Cultural Policy workshop is dedicated to the exchange of knowledge and expertise on cultural policies in the region and to the role that researchers and cultural actors play in formulating and/or proposing reforms to cultural policies at the local, national, regional and international levels by carrying out and producing the necessary research, analyses, studies and reports on the state of culture in the Arab region.
Culture Resource founded the Cultural Policy program in 2009 as a means to contribute to the development of the knowhow related to the production of cultural policies in the Arab region. The program aims to enable cultural actors and independent organizations in the cultural sector to participate in the process of proposing local cultural policies for their countries and to network for the purposes of the research needed to develop policies conducive to improving the working environment in this sector.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Cultural Policy workshop will cover the following topical areas:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The existing definitions of cultural policies, the different types of cultural policies and their components, the stakeholders involved in policy design and development, and ways to develop local definitions of cultural policy for the Arab region.
- The levels of action within cultural policies from the regional and the national to the local municipal level, and an examination of some previous experiences in these frameworks.
- A critical reading of the UNESCO Convention of 2005 on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions.
- A discussion of the content of the Report on Cultural Policies in the Arab Region which is produced every four years.
- Exchange of expertise and peer learning among a group of researchers, experts and cultural actors from the Arab region on the concept of cultural policy and analyses of different types of cultural policies. Participants will also have acquired familiarity with different cultural policy models and a deeper understanding of the mechanisms for producing cultural policies at the national and local levels and how different contexts and environments impact on the formulation of these policies.
- An in-depth understanding of the UNESCO Convention of 2005 and related issues, especially the International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD), its evaluative framework and the report it produces every four years.
- A wider circle of researchers who can contribute to studies, reports and research on cultural policies.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Results will be announced on 10 October, 2019.
- The workshop will be held in November 2019.
- Applicants must originate from an Arab country regardless of ethnicity and citizenship status or whether they are currently residing in the Arab region or abroad.
- Applicants must also be researchers and cultural actors involved in the field of cultural policy.
- Previous experience in academic research or practice in cultural policies and cultural management in the Arab region.
- Applicants must have produced studies, executed projects or participated in previous workshops related to cultural policies.
- Arabic writing skills and research skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2KYheg6
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.