Deadline: 15 June 2017
Rotary and the UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education have teamed up to tackle the world’s water and sanitation crisis by increasing the number of trained professionals to devise, plan, and implement solutions in developing and emerging countries. Through this partnership, The Rotary Foundation will provide grants to Rotary clubs and districts to select and sponsor a limited number of students each year.
The Rotary Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals have been designed to promote long-term productive relationships between Rotarians and highly skilled water and sanitation professionals in their communities. Rotary scholars will benefit from the support they receive through regular contact with sponsoring Rotarians from their home country and the opportunity to interact with Rotarians in the Netherlands. After graduating, scholars’ expertise will be put to work improving water and sanitation conditions in their own community with a project the scholar and sponsoring Rotarians will design and implement together.
Types of Scholarships
- MSc in Urban Water and Sanitation
- MSc in Water Management
- MSc in Water Science and Engineering
TRF awards scholarships of approximately €34,000, paid directly to UNESCO-IHE. Funding to cover additional costs (including international travel) related to participation in the academic program will be coordinated by UNESCO-IHE.
- Scholars are selected in a competitive process, based on their ability to have a significant, positive impact on global water and sanitation issues during their career.
- Successful applicants will have a strong academic background, significant and relevant professional experience, and demonstrated leadership in the community.
- Scholar agrees to fulfill the requirements of funding coordinated by UNESCO-IHE.
- Scholar maintains good academic performance with UNESCO-IHE throughout the scholarship period.
- After returning to their home country, work with Rotarian sponsors on an activity to make a positive impact on water and sanitation in their home community.
- Scholar actively participates in scholarship activities.
- Scholarships cannot be used to unfairly discriminate against any group or to promote a particular political or religious viewpoint.
- A sponsoring Rotary club or district can be awarded only one scholarship per academic year.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Rotary Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals.