Deadline: 10 April 2017
The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Chisinau has announced a call for proposals for Small Grants for 2017 in the Republic of Moldova. This aid modality of Slovak Official Development Assistance is funded from the SlovakAid Programme and aimed directly at small-scale projects which represent more flexible, operative and effective financial support for developing countries.
Focus and Priorities
- The submitted projects must be related to sectors of water supply, sanitation and solid waste management.
- Priority will be given to proposals that focus on the small investments e.g.: reconstructions of local water pipelines and sewage systems, revitalization of water sources, public buildings connections to the water pipelines and the sewage systems, installation of the waste water treatment systems, installation of the purification systems for drinking water, support in municipal waste collection, construction of the waste collection and recycling sites, etc.
- The maximum amount of the non-repayable financial contribution from the SlovakAid programme is 10,000 EUR per project selected. The applicants can co-finance the proposed projects from their own resources.
- A maximum number of the selected projects is limited by the budget allocated for this call for proposals which is 70 000 EUR.
- The maximum duration of each project is 6 months commencing from the date of signing the Agreement between the Slovak Agency for International Development Cooperation (hereafter Agency) and the Final Beneficiary.
- The call for proposals is open to registered NGOs, non-profit subjects, regional and local authorities.
- Personal costs and salaries associated with project management activities are not eligible.
- Bank fees are not eligible.
- Expenditures not clearly attributed to the objective of the project as well as costs incurred and paid before and after the project implementation period are not eligible.
How to Apply
- In the first step the applicants are encouraged to submit the short description of the project (max. one page, the form is available on the given website).
- In the second step, the selected applicants will be asked to submit the whole project proposal on the standard application form for financial contribution (available on the given website).
Eligible Country: Moldova
For more information, please visit Small Grants 2017.