Deadline: 28 February 2018
Call for Proposals for one Civil Society Organization/local Non-Governmental Organization to carryout advocacy/ Public Awareness Campaigns on Water Governance Reforms that will make the Water Supply and Sanitation Commission (WSSC) operational through budgetary allocation by government and partners, as well as government increased budgetary allocation to WASH Sector.
Liberia WASH Compact proposed four key commitments to have been implemented within two years life span of the compact by the Government of Liberia and partners. The four commitments are:
- Establish and strengthen institutional capacity
- Ensure equity and prioritized service provision
- Develop a monitoring system
- Improve sector financing mechanism
Organizations/local NGOs interested in submitting proposals may choose from the WASH Governance actions listed below. Proposals are encouraged to be more creative in design of the WASH Governance Advocacy/awareness campaigns. Identified actions are as follow:
- Promote WASH Good Governance in Liberia through the establishment of WASH Commission;
- Develop innovative strategies how to get citizens participation to advocate for WASH Governance Reforms to their respective local leaders and elected representatives in national government;
- Develop lobby strategy to engage the House of Senate for the concurrence of WSSC Bill that was passed by the House of Representatives in July 2016;
- Design support Water and Sanitation Governance Reform in Liberia Pledge Cards for October 2017 Presidential and Representatives candidates to sign on as social contracts between them and the electorates;
- Engage policy makers to increase national budgetary allocation to water and sanitation for increased service delivery to the citizens;
- Ensure that there is an increase citizens engagement and media reportage on WASH governance reforms in Liberia;
- Hold separate meetings with other stakeholders in the Executive Branch (water and sanitation line ministries) and Governance Commission (GC) on WASH Governance Reforms;
- Organize befitting events to complement the observance of World Water Week held annually in Stockholm, Sweden.
- This call invites proposals from civil society organizations or local NGOs with experience in advocacy for the improvement of WASH service and knowledgeable in Liberia water and sanitation sector governance Reforms.Only CSOs /local NGOs that are currently legally registered with the Government of Liberia and meet the below definitions:
- Legally established accord to the laws of Liberia;
- Meets government non-commercial purpose;
- Be independent of any local, regional and national governments influence;
- Have no political party (ies) or religious connections;
- Must have been involved with water and sanitation governance reforms and
- WASH advocacy for at least 6 years prior to this call for proposal.
- Preferably Local civil society organizations/ Non-Governmental Organizations with:
- Good skills in conducting advocacy and awareness on WASH and WASH Governance.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading WASH advocacy in Liberia through constructive engagement of stakeholders in the sector.
- Must be currently registered with the Government of Liberia with office located in Monrovia, Liberia.
- Must have had extensive collaboration with WASH partners on WSSC establishment as well as WASH sector governance reforms.
- Have good knowledge of Liberia WASH Sector.
- Excellent report writing skills, professionalism and integrity.
- Previous UN or INGOs funding support for WASH advocacies is a plus.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by post at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Liberia
For more information, please visit UNDP.