- Is a game changing initiative
- Focuses on one of our 4 regions
- Focuses on one or more of our themes
- Is part of a partnership which brings together the required expertise
If yes, then apply for this Aqua for All Challenge to improve access to safe water & sanitation services. Through this challenge, they connect relevant stakeholders such as: Businesses, financiers, governments, knowledge institutes and civil society organisations.
Aqua for All believes that innovation and public and private capital are needed to bridge the service and finance gaps in the water and sanitation economy. In order to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 6 – Water and sanitation for all, they focus on driving change, together with our stakeholders.
Their networks and partnerships help to create an enabling environment. This allows unlocking innovations’ full potential, as well as attracting public and private capital.
Focus on one of the three themes:
- Drinking water
- Safer Water Enterprises;
- Household Water Treatment & Safe Storage;
- Operation & Maintenance services.
- Toilet Economy;
- Circular Economy.
- Water resources management
- Recharge, Retention and Reuse (3R);
- Water efficiency.
- Governmental agencies
- Knowledge institutes
- NGOs, CBOs
They only accept applications that:
- Are implemented in one of our focus regions – East Africa (particularly Kenya)|Horn of Africa (particularly Ethiopia) | West Africa (particularly Burkina Faso, Mali and Senegal) | South Asia (particularly Bangladesh);
- For initiatives based in Kenya, Uganda and India it is critical to have a clear financial strategy for growth and a plan on how to unlock additional finance to reach scale;
- Include considerable co-financing in addition to Aqua for All funding;
- Are inclusive to vulnerable groups with a focus on low income and gender-inclusive.
Want to Co-Invest?
Are you an (impact) investor, a public grantor or an NGO providing funding? Aqua for All has an evolving pipeline of Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) ventures in different stages of maturity. Please contact them when you:
- Want to invest in early stage businesses (venture capital)
- Want to invest in growing and scaling
- Are looking for a partner to de-risk your own water & sanitation ventures
- Want to match funds to create impact and scale
For more information, visit https://aquaforall.org/news/apply-now/