It was created as a special program of the Science and Technology Process in the 7th World Water Forum to identify imminent water problems that the world is facing and to find feasible solutions based on the core value of “Implementation”. The program is aiming at the identification of science, technology, and policy-based solutions to imminent water problems.
This 9th edition of the World Water Challenge is expected to serve its role as an important platform to share not only innovative scientific/technological methods but also policy towards solving the defined water problems around the world and to forge a broad network among the experts and stakeholders in water sector as well as the diverse field of problem owners and solution providers.
Final Round and Award Ceremony
- Selected solution providers will be invited to the final round of the WWCH. The final presentation and award ceremony will be held on Dec 7-8 th during the KIWW 2023.
- Winners will be presented with a cash prize and trophy, and they will have the chance to be invited to the WWCH Showcase during the KIWW 2024 and/or the 10th World Water Forum to share their solutions with experts from all around the world.
- Winners will be presented with a cash prize and trophy.
- The best
- (Presented by the Ministry of Environment, ROM)
- up to 10,000,000 KRW
- (approx. 7,600 USD)
- (Presented by President of Korea Water Forum)
- up to 3,000,000 KRW
- (approx. 2,200 USD)
- The best
- Anyone (as an individual or on behalf of an organization) who is interested in contributing to resolving water-related challenges with creative/applicable solutions is welcome to submit solutions to WWCH 2023’s designated challenges announced.
- Note: Persons (including winners) who participated once (and more) in the previous WWCH are allowed to participate in the WWCH 2023 with different (or updated) subjects and ideas.
- Solution proposals can only be submitted via the web-based system. The email submission will not be considered.
- Solution proposals must be filled out only in English.
- A graphical abstract visually summarizing your solution (e.g., schematic diagram, picture, animation, etc.) should be submitted as a separate file.
- One person (or organization) can submit more than one proposal with different solutions.
- Please make sure that all materials submitted for entry will not be returned and they might be used or published partially or wholly by the secretariat.
For more information, visit Korea International Water Week.