Deadline: 15 July 2019
The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) is currently inviting organizations or consortia to submit proposals to conduct one qualitative evaluation on women’s self-help groups (SHGs) in rural India.
This qualitative study is expected to inform a 3ie-led impact evaluation that is assessing the National Rural Livelihoods Mission’s (NRLM) impact on households and women’s socio-economic and human development outcomes.
The proposed qualitative study will be conducted in the states of Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand, which are among the nine states included in the ongoing impact evaluation.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
3ie will fund one qualitative study to answer two questions:
- What factors are responsible for SHGs that are not sustained?
- At the institutional level, what role do SHG federations, i.e. village organisations and cluster level federations, play in determining SHG quality, functioning and sustainability?
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The selected research team will be expected to carry out a high-quality and policy-relevant qualitative evaluation to address the key questions discussed above.
- 3ie will provide funding of up to USD 90,000 for one evaluation, which will be completed within three months.
- Only legally registered organizations and consortia of registered organizations, not individuals, may apply.
- The grant-holding organization and the lead PI may be located anywhere in the world.
- The research team should include at least one researcher who is an Indian resident. The national researcher must be engaged in substantive tasks, including study design, data analysis, and report writing, ongoing stakeholder engagement and promoting evidence uptake.
- Each proposal must be submitted by a single organization that may include others as sub-grantees or sub-contractors (subject to 3ie’s direct and indirect cost policies).
- For-profit organizations are eligible to apply, and are restricted to the same indirect cost limits as non-profit organizations. They may not charge a fee.
- The applicant organization must be able to sign the 3ie grant agreement.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completed proposal form using the 3ie proposal template that will be available on the website.
- Please send the complete package of application documents at the address given on the website with ‘NRLM qualitative evaluation proposal 2019’ in the subject line.
For more information, please visit https://www.3ieimpact.org/funding/call-proposals-qualitative-study-self-help-groups-india