Deadline: 15 July 2019
The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) is currently inviting organizations or consortia to submit proposals to conduct one qualitative evaluation on women’s self-help groups (SHGs) in rural India.
This qualitative study is expected to inform a 3ie-led impact evaluation that is assessing the National Rural Livelihoods Mission’s (NRLM) impact on households and women’s socio-economic and human development outcomes.
The proposed qualitative study will be conducted in the states of Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand, which are among the nine states included in the ongoing impact evaluation.
3ie will fund one qualitative study to answer two questions:
- What factors are responsible for SHGs that are not sustained?
- At the institutional level, what role do SHG federations, i.e. village organisations and cluster level federations, play in determining SHG quality, functioning and sustainability?
- The selected research team will be expected to carry out a high-quality and policy-relevant qualitative evaluation to address the key questions discussed above.
- 3ie will provide funding of up to USD 90,000 for one evaluation, which will be completed within three months.
- Only legally registered organizations and consortia of registered organizations, not individuals, may apply.
- The grant-holding organization and the lead PI may be located anywhere in the world.
- The research team should include at least one researcher who is an Indian resident. The national researcher must be engaged in substantive tasks, including study design, data analysis, and report writing, ongoing stakeholder engagement and promoting evidence uptake.
- Each proposal must be submitted by a single organization that may include others as sub-grantees or sub-contractors (subject to 3ie’s direct and indirect cost policies).
- For-profit organizations are eligible to apply, and are restricted to the same indirect cost limits as non-profit organizations. They may not charge a fee.
- The applicant organization must be able to sign the 3ie grant agreement.
How to Apply
- Completed proposal form using the 3ie proposal template that will be available on the website.
- Please send the complete package of application documents at the address given on the website with ‘NRLM qualitative evaluation proposal 2019’ in the subject line.
For more information, please visit https://www.3ieimpact.org/funding/call-proposals-qualitative-study-self-help-groups-india