Deadline: 7 October 2019
The African Union – International Centre for the Education of Girls and Women in Africa (AU/CIEFFA) is a specialized institution of the African Union since 2004, dealing with women and girls’ education following Decision Assembly/AU/DEC.44 (III). The centre is located in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
AU/CIEFFA has been established under the Department of Human Resources Science and Technology at the African Union Commission to coordinate the promotion of girls and women’s education in Africa, with a view of achieving their economic, social and cultural empowerment.
This 3rd Capacity Building workshop for African Youth will put special emphasis on specific objectives including the following:
- To inform and sensitize the youth on the state-of play of issue pertaining to girls’ and women’s education in the continent despite various efforts made by African countries.
- To understand the obstacles and barrier hindering girls to access and stay at school until she complete her higher education in order to address girls and women’s Education.
- To deepen their knowledge on gender stereotyping in studying and job sector usually affected more by boys and men such as the STEM, ICT, TVET Male-dominated jobs.
- To equip them with some advocacy tools such as the leadership, entrepreneurship, negotiation, public speaking as efficient weapons to facilitate their work within the community as girls ‘education’s Champions.
- To build a strong network of African young women and men sharing the same vision to change mindset on gender equality and equity in the educational system by 2063.
- The workshop aims to bring together young women and men who will be representatives of the 5 regions of Africa. The participants will be selected through a call for applications open to all based on the selection criteria as follows:
- Young African (women and men) aged 21 to 35 year old;
- Young girls and men with educational/professional background or interest sector/field or in any other relevant field.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Fro more information, please visit http://cieffa.org/2220-2/