Deadline: 30 September 2019
Projects supported through the LCF must serve Finland’s foreign and security policy objectives. As a development policy instrument, LCF projects must in particular support the goals set for Finland’s development policy: eradication of poverty by means of economically, socially and ecologically sustainable development.
Focal Areas for 2019 Support
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Projects supporting women’s access to economic opportunities and participation in the work force through
- Facilitating the access of women graduates to employment
- Capacity building and skills development for women with lower levels of education
Projects targeting sustainable private sector partnerships in marginalized areas are prioritized.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The LCF is available for Egyptian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and other local non-profit civil society actors, such as: science and technology communities, universities and other educational and research institutions, independent media, public bodies and cultural institutions (for example, museums, libraries and theatres), chambers of commerce and commercial associations, organizations engaged in the promotion of export and investment, businesses, cooperatives, interest groups of companies and employees, foundations or religious communities. Applying organizations need to submit proof of registration with the relevant Egyptian authorities in accordance with the existing legislation.
- The LCF cannot be used for supporting activities of the national or local government and political parties, Finnish institutions or organizations, projects in which the beneficiary is a single person or private business, or projects serving purely religious or charity purposes.
- However, the Embassy does encourage civil society organizations to work with the national and/or local government. In all cases, the civil society organization selected for funding is the Embassy’s contractual partner.
One organization can submit maximum two project proposals.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
How to Apply
Please download the project proposal template via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://finlandabroad.fi/web/egy/support-for-local-civil-society-organisations