Deadline: 22 April 2018
The NSW Government has announced the Investing in Women Funding Program for 2018 which will grow the talent pool available for the workforce, encourage more diversity and flexibility for women and men in the workplace, and result in increased innovation, productivity and prosperity.
The Investing in Women funding program funds NSW organisations to develop and implement projects that support:
- The economic opportunity and advancement
- Participation and empowerment
- Leadership of women in NSW
- Increasing women’s participation leads to benefits for individuals, families and the community
- Advancing the role, status and contribution of women and girls in communities will grow the talent pool available for the workforce, encourage more diversity and flexibility for women and men in the workplace, and result in increased innovation, productivity and prosperity.
The 2018 Investing in Women funding program funds projects that address one or more of the seven program focus areas:
- Women’s economic opportunity and advancement
- Equitable workplaces for women and men
- Women in small business
- Women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers
- Women in male-dominated trades
- Women in leadership roles
- Leadership pathways for young women.
- A total of $400,000 is available for this round.
The 2018 Investing in Women funding program will fund projects according to stages of development. There are three categories of grant funding available for this grant round:
- Explore and scope: Up to $25,000 Projects that are at an early stage and organisations are looking to explore and develop a project.
- Test and grow: Up to $50,000 Projects that have been scoped and investigated and are ready to be tested or projects that have been tested and are showing positive outcomes and seek testing/piloting on a larger scale.
- Replication and sustainability: Up to $100,000 Projects that have been tested and show strong outcomes, have demonstrated ongoing viability and are looking to be taken to the next level of impact and self-sustainability.
Projects that support high quality activity, engagement and participation with the following priority groups will be prioritised for funding:
- Women living and/or working in regional NSW
- Aboriginal women
- Women from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Young women
- Women with disabilities
- Older women, and/or
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ) women.
Applicants must be a legally constituted Australian based entity. This includes:
- Not-for-profit organisations, including community organisations
- Sole traders/entrepreneurs
- Local councils and shires, including regional organisations of councils and consortia of councils
- Industry bodies and the private sector working in partnership with the community or government on initiatives directly supporting women and girls
- For-profit organisations must demonstrate that the activities being applied for are being delivered on a not-for-profit basis.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For further information, please visit NSW.