Deadline: 15 May 2017
Mama Cash makes grants in most countries of the world. Even though contexts are significantly different, they have found that the concerns of some specific groups of women, girls and trans people tend to be unaddressed and/or contested in most societies (and social movements).
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Reproductive justice
- Changing sex, sexuality and gender norms
- Reframing and ending violence
- Money (economic justice)
- Labour rights
- Environmental justice
- Mama Cash’s grant size ranges from €5.000 to €50.000 per year. Her average grant size is between €20.000 and €30.000 per year.
- Each multi-year grant period runs for a maximum of two years.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Mama Cash supports groups and initiatives that:
- Work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective
- Are self-led by the women, girls and/or trans people they serve
- Have the promotion of women’s, girls’ and/or trans people’s human rights as their primary mission, and not just as the focus of part of their programmes
- Push for structural and fundamental change
- Focus on issues that are under-addressed and/or contested
- Mama Cash supports groups that work on:
- Forced sterilisation of women living with HIV and AIDS
- Exclusion of Indigenous women from decision making over their land
- Labour rights of women and trans people in sex, domestic or industrial work
- Rights to water, food, and a clean, safe, and healthy environment
- Confronting legal and social discrimination against lesbian and bisexual women, or against migrant and refugee women
- Sexual rights of women, girls and trans persons living with disabilities
- Decision-making for girls and older women (65+) about their lives (education, health, relationships)
- Political and public participation for women, girls or trans persons from ethnic or religious minorities
- Groups must be based outside of the United States or Canada.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply for a grant by filling up the Letter of Interest form available on the given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Mama Cash 2017 Grant.